Friday, April 6, 2012

Slimkicker App


A couple of months ago, I was asked a couple questions about my fitness routine and what I would look for in an app to track progress with trying to lose weight, exercising and eating habits. Now, I was just notified that the app is finally out from Slimkicker.


I just downloaded the app and have been using it since the beginning of the month. It's quite useful and a great way to keep track of what I do and eat, and also my weight. I can log in when I walk to and from work, shred with Jillian Michaels, dance around with Tracy Anderson or Pilates with Mari Winsor to what I eat and see my progress with losing this stubborn 10 pounds.


What I really like about this app is the Challenges feature. You can sign up for one of their recommended challenges, most are for seven days, and then check in each day. Some challenges are to have no snacks after dinner, replace soda, tea and coffee with water, do 10 wall squats a day, etc. Currently I am doing Move during Commercials - I have to get off the couch and march in place or dance during commercials for the next seven days.


Each time you complete a challenge or exercise (and maybe even with what you eat), you get points to use towards a reward. This points system is something I still have to look into but even if I don't care for the points and rewards, this app is still a great tool to track my progress. I highly recommend that you download this FREE app if you have an iPhone and if you have an Android, an app should be coming out shortly for you. If you sign up and download the app, don't forget to add me as a friend.

6 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow what a neat app!

keltie said...

I just downloaded this on our recommendation. Will keep you posted...

No Guts, No Glory said...

Does putting your cousin's hair in a sock bun count as an activity (like moving during commercials)? ;)

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Hey cool I was contacted about this too but being a blackberry girl I can't seem to try out any new apps LOL!

Nikolett said...

That actually sounds like a really cool app! Like the idea of the challenges. Can't wait to hear about your trip to San Jose! :)

The life of Clare said...

This looks great! I'm going to download it right now and have a go. I've got Get Running, which I love!!!