Monday, April 30, 2012

What's in my bag? (lots of stuff)

I haven't done a "What's in my bag" post in a really long time (click here to see my other posts ), but Kasey Lynne inspired to do this after seeing her post of what's in her bag. Aren't we all curious of what other people carry in their bag. I am warning you right now, I carry a lot of stuff!!!!!


  • Gum - I love Orbit gum. My favorite flavor is sweet mint. Since we don't have Orbit gum here in Toronto so I get my mom to send me some.
  • Hankerchief - I am old school that way. My mom's mother-in-law (she's not my grandma because it's my stepdad's mom) embroidered them for me.
  • Tissue - the dollar store kind
  • GO train pass
  • Coin purse - I keep my bus and subway fare in a leather pouch by Sam Made (she closed down her Etsy shop last year)


  • Snacks - bars, chocolates, teas, cough drops and Tylenol cold pills.


  • Brush - I found this at the $1 bins at Target and I've had it for years.
  • Lip balms - eos lip balm in mint, Clinique Chubby Stick in Fuller Fig and L'Oreal Colour Riche Blam in  Caring Coral.
  • Hand Cream - Aveda Hand Relief, I won this on Twitter.
  • Advil - I keep a stash in a Kinder Surprise container (that yellow thing).
  • Digestive Enzymes - lets me breakdown some of the food I should not be eating (I keep them in an old film cannister).
  • Rosebud Salve - for my cuticles, flyaway hair, it's the one thing that I can't live without.
  • Emergen-C - for when I am feeling sluggish and a cold coming on.


  • Journal - For when I need to jot something down. I normally use it when I am researching resorts.
  • Work pass - I want to find a more interesting lanyard (any Etsy suggestions?)
  • Headphones - I picked up these Skullcandy Riot earbuds in Cali.
  • Sunglasses - foldable Rayban wayfarers. It was my one expensive Cali purchase. I love them.
  • Sock bun - you never know when you will need to put your hair up and look pretty. I tuck in a clear elastic for safe keeping.
  • iPod - it's filled with movies in case I feel like watching one.
  • iPhone - I can't live without this baby - funny how a light reflection just happened to blur out Kobe's face.
  • Pens - I have had the purple pen forever and I am now in love with Papermate Flair pens.
  • Wallet - I started using again a Fossil wallet I have had for years. It's so soft and worn down.
  • USB stick - you never know when you will need it.


  • Leather pouch - another leather pouch from Sam Made. I use this pouch to keep the following:
  • Band-aids - red leopard bandaids, fancy!
  • Nail file - I snag my nails a lot.
  • G.U.M picks - I get food stuck in my teeth all the time, that's what I get for having crooked teeth.
  • Cream - it's steroid cream for the dry patch I get on my upper lip.
  • Eyedrops - for dry contacts.
  • Lip brush - I haven't used this lately, but it's to apply my bright, bold lipsticks.
  • Lipstick - Chanel Coco Rouge Shine in Rebelle.
  • Perfume - Pacifica in Lotus Garden
  • Foundation - Benefit's Some Kind-a Gorgeous foundation faker, for touch ups.
There you have it. The only things missing are my Kobo Touch e-reader and keys. Was I right? I carry too much stuff. What do you think I can eliminate? What do you carry in your bag that isn't necessary? If you do a post to show what's in your bag, leave the link in a comment. I would love to see what's in your bag. Happy Monday!

8 comments:

keltie said...

Whoa, that is a lot of stuff, but boy are are you ever prepared! Is this too much stuff? I dunno, depends on the size of your bag :) Since you are a go train commuter, I would say this is totally reasonable--ereader, ipod, notebook, pens; all the stuff you need to keep you occupied. I'm totally a nosy girl too, I love seeing what other people carry around!

Lin said...

Holy shit girl, you must carry a suitcase size purse to haul around all that stuff. Wow.

Also, I totally laughed my ass off at the fact you carry that giant bag of snack with you. You're nuts!

in HER shoes said...

oh my! you have a lot of snacks! i know who to sit next to on long train rides, shopping sprees, etc. i'm glad you are using the caring coral. i should look for more brighter (berry colors, they only have 8 shades) colors and give them to you when i see you this summer. yes to kobe wallpapers! how do you like the EOS? they are okay. i like the "yes to carrots" lip butter better. i will try to snag those for you as well this summer.

Kathy said...

wow, if an asteroid ever hit the earth and we were left to our own devices, you would survive out of everyone! which is great!! i only have mail and bills in my bag :(

Kasey Lynne said...

Okay first of all, I wish you put a picture of your purse because if you can fit all those snacks in there, it must be huge!! That's smart to carry all of that stuff with you.

Umm okay I love the leopard band-aids. SO cute!

I need to get me a sock bun thing...because trying to make a sock bun on my own just isn't working! Grrr so frustrating

You don't have Orbit either??? Sweet Mint is my favorite...maybe I'll snag you some and send it to you :)

ellesy said...

holy moly, you DO carry a lot of stuff! i think all your items are necessities though - not sure i would eliminate anything. i love the handkerchief and the leather pouches. i should carry a nail file and a brush - i'm going to put those in my bag right now. your sock bun and snacks - FAB! :D

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

OMG how do you carry your purse? I've been trying to pair down and my shoulders are still killing me. Ok next time I see you I'm totally raiding your snack bag LOL!

Micaela said...

i love these posts! i love that you use a hankie (i always have one too!) and that you use a film canister and a kinder egg holder for you things. :)

i need to do another post like this.
now you would find all kinds of snacks-- which is why i love your snack stash :)

xo