Sunday, May 27, 2012

DIY weekend

This weekend consisted of two small DIY projects. I am not the craftiest person but I do like to try. First up was putting washi tape on my iPhone to spruce up the case. I did this on Friday at work. It doesn't take a genius to put tape on but I am really liking how my iphone looks.


Then today, while I was tidying up, I found the bag where Mike and I put all the clothes we want to donate or pass along to his siblings. Inside were a ton of t-shirts and I just remembered a little DIY I found on Pinterest early this week - DIY racerback workout top. Below is my first attempt and then I proceeded to make two more. Mike was encouraging me to make more but I got tired. Hopefully I can make a couple more tonight. It's pretty easy and fun!


Now I didn't make the coaster below but my lovely mother went to a ceramic studio while her BFF was visiting her earlier this month and painted this. She also made me a tea bag holder (she knows that Mike and I are huge tea drinkers) but the dragonfly coaster is what won my heart over.


Have you done any DIY projects lately?

7 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Wonderful job. Had no idea you are such a crafty queen. The razor back top is a good idea.

Lin said...

I stay away from artistic projects but you did a great job. Love that t-shirt.

Steph said...

I'd like to order one racerback shirt please! :D

Kathy said...

i love the racerback! i might have to try this during my time off :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Good job!! I'm always scared to ruin things so I never do DIY projects lol! I'll live vicariously through your accomplishments :)

Joanne said...

Racerback shirt looks great!
I haven't done any DIY projects yet. I am thinking of way of making my house look pretty though. Haven't done anything to it since we moved in. pinterest helped fuel this idea. :)

Elisse said...

I'm so impressed with your racerback tee - well done, Leesh!

I haven't been in the DIY mode, but that racerback will come in handy now that I'm back to working out!