Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Favorite Products

Back in the beginning of the year, one of my goals was to not buy any makeup and I lived up to it. But lately, I have been concentrating more on skincare products. Here are some of my favorites.


Marcelle BB Cream | Beauty bloggers everywhere were raving about this BB Cream. I thought to myself, "I don't need it" but then I was given a sample during a visit to a newly renovated Rexall concept store. And boy, was I missing out. Just after one use, my skin was glowing and looked mighty good. I was using Light to Medium. I would go out and buy it right now but what's stopping me is that in 3 weeks, I will be tanned golden and will probably need medium to dark. So until then, my skin will look horrid. If you can get your hands on a sample, try it out. I am sure you will love it and see the difference. See, this is why you should always listen to those beauty bloggers.



St. Ives Deep 24-Hour Moisture Body Lotion | I picked up this lotion because it was cheap, like $4.97 cheap at Walmart. I started using it mid-winter and during a time when my skin gets so dry, this lotion added so much moisture and made my skin look healthy. Using it continuously, I find that I have toapply less of it. With this amazing price, you can't go wrong. It does wonders that pricey body lotion can't even compare with.

Froosh Key Lime Dead Sea Body Polish | I bought this scrub at the Toronto One of a Kind show. My friend, Kat had positive comments from the first time she both some Froosh products, so she convinced me to buy something from the booth. Again, because it was the dead of winter, I wanted a scrub to exfloiate my skin. The smell is delicious and the sea salts left my body silky smooth. Now when you pair it up with the next product on my list, my skin looked radiant in the middle of winter.


{via}
Froosh Coconut Lime Body Butter | This was the product my friend Kat raved about. She bought a three pack and that is what I would have liked but the owner, Monika didn't have any in stock, so I settled for a limited edition of coconut lime. The body butter is so smooth and yummy (the scent is to die for). It's not too greasy and you don't need a lot to slather onto your skin.


Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel | My coworker (god bless her) introduced me to this fabulous cleansing gel. She is eight years younger than me but is hardcore into taking care of her skin. She went on and on how this gel made her face so smooth. Like any other smart beauty junkie, I took my butt to Sephora and got a sample. After one use of the peach smelling formula, I was in love. The glycolic acid gently exfoliates and clarifies the skin while slowly diminishing fine wrinkles and lines. I bought the bottle and have not looked back since.


First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads | When I was in California, I looked all over Sephora to find products that are not available in Canada. I came across First Aid Beauty, it did not look familiar but who knows, maybe I just never saw it in Canadian stores. I picked up Facial Radiance Pads and the Ultra Repair Cream. These pads will reduce pores and again diminish fine lines. With all these products I am using, I hope I don't see a wrinkle until I am 90.

What are some of your favorite products as of late?

7 comments:

Kasey Lynne said...

I gotta try this BB Cream sensation! Everybody is RAVING about it. The only problem is the shades it has. Isn't there only 3 shades??

browneyedgirl said...

i am slacking on doing my may favorite products on youtube. when i come back from vacay, i will. i tried the garnier bb cream and i actually like it. it makes my skin really nice but still natural. it has a dewy finish so if you have oily skin, it probably is not ideal, unless you have a mattifying power. two things i don't like: it has a slight smell, not bad, but with my allergies, i prefer products fragrance-free. also, it only has two colors - light to medium and medium deep. medium deep is barely matches my skin tone, but it's workable when i use a bronzer over.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I want to try BB cream. I've never tried it, but it's so popular now.

Kathy said...

i still have to plow through a few body butters before i get to the coconut one.. although now that it's summer, imma bust it out soon!

i bought a shu uemura bb cream last year but the lady didn't tell me it was a bb cream; she just told me it was a good makeup base with sunscreen and it's a foam. i had no idea it was a bb cream until last month when i turned it over and saw "bb cream" plasted onto the can LOL! i guess i was way ahead of the trend!!! haha

Kathy said...

what the... where did my comment go??

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Ooooh so glad you like the BB cream!!! If I didn't have dark marks from breakouts I would be using it still too! That cleansing gel intrigues me but I have oily skin that is dehydrated so can have dry patches (yeah my skin is very confused!!!)

Elisse said...

These are all great suggestions, Leesh! Smart of you to buy Sephora products that are only available in the US. I want to try all your suggestions here, but mostly the cleansing gel :)