Monday, May 28, 2012

Splat Hair Color


Tonight I attended a Splat Hair Color event at BlushPretty Studio with my coworker. We both went in knowing that we wanted to dip-dye our hair. We agreed that we couldn't back out. We met with Lorry Du from Farleyco Marketing and Stephanie from BlushPretty and together we talked about the two products - Splat Color Kit and Splat Washables


While Lorry talked about the products, Stephanie had to start off by bleaching our hair since my coworker and I both have dark hair. The Splat lightning bleach and Splat oxide is included in the kit, as well as gloves and the Splat color (I went with Lusty Lavender and my coworker went with Pink Fetish). The whole process didn't take long except for the bleaching part. With the added color, the longer you keep it on before washing, the longer the color will stay.


I was in a hurry so we didn't leave the color on for long. Instead of it being a true purple, it came out a purple-red. It would have been nice to see it a true purple but I will settle for this color. Besides, I can't wait for this to fade because I can then try out another color or just leave it blond from when we bleached it.


I want to thank both Stephanie and Lorry for this fun event.  I really like my hair and can't wait to try out some other colors. The kit is quite easy to use and if you are only dip-dyeing, I think it's manageable to do it on your own. If you check out the website or any of the links above, the site will give you some tips and instructions for using the semi-permanent or washable dye. Splat can be found at your local drugstore (like Shoppers and Rexall in Canada)

GIVEAWAY TIME

I have one of the cute giveaways Lorry gave us at the end of the night for one of my readers. It includes Totally Red Washable Splat Hair Color, a trial size of Montagne Jeunesse Peel-off Masque and a Spongeables Pedi-Scrub foot buffer. If you are not into hair color, I think it's still worth it for the foot buffer and face mask!


You know me, I hate making giveaways difficult so all I ask is that if you are on Twitter, please follow @farleycobeauty and @blushpretty and let me know in a comment if you have done so.

If you aren't on Twitter, please take the time to visit the following websites and then leave a comment with what color you would dip dye your hair:


Make sure to leave an email I can reach you at in case you are the winner. I'll draw a name on next Monday evening and announce a winner Tuesday June 5. Good luck!

WINNER: Congratulations Joanne! You've won. I will be sending you an email to get your address.

5 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I followed them both on twitter. Fun event. WOuld love to try these colors.

yiqin; said...

nice color <3

Joanne said...

Love the colour! I'm thinking of getting red for my hair too... peek-a-boo type of hilites. I have extensions on right now and love them!

ellesy said...

oh, i really like how the colour turned out! i was watching videos on how to dip dye hair all of yesterday... thinking about doing it with the kit i received from the beauty board. but it will have to be when i have some time off work because i can't imagine the reaction if i show up to work with pink ends.

Islandia Lane said...

Ah, love it! :-)