Saturday, June 16, 2012

I was brave with my hair

When I was younger, from my teens to mid-20's, I loved to do different things to my hair - highlights, bold colour, short boy-cut hair, etc...but as I got older, I became more tame. Long hair and bangs. I've had the same hairstyle for over two years but it works for me.

And then, all it took was my BFF, Stephanie to ask if I would be the guinea pig for a dip dye hair event she was hosting at her studio. With purple dip-dyed ends, I was hooked. Unfortunately, the purple didn't last long and since I have been in the sun all week, it faded to a orange-brown colour (which I still liked anyway). As soon as I came back from vacay, I went to the hair salon to re-do the ends purple but my arm easily got twisted and I came out with blue and teal ends. I love it...


I know I am in my mid-30s and maybe too old for bold hair colour (I'm no Katy Perry) but for now, I am really digging going out of my comfort zone for the summer. I can't wait until my next hair appointment to see what the colorist has in store for me.

10 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Super cool effect. I went a little crazy with hair too, when I was younger. Now I am much more mundane. I like this color though.

Katlyn Larson said...

That looks super fun! I have been wanting to do bold colors in my hair for quite a while now but just haven't 'had time' to go to the salon. Loving the aqua color though! Thanks for sharing!
Katlyn

Claire Kiefer said...

I think it looks FANTASTIC!!! I love how your ends are almost tie-dyed looking. Never too old for cool hair! My hair is blonde and soaks up color, so I'm afraid it would look like BRIGHT NEON if I tried something like this. Looks perfect in your hair.

Elisse said...

Summer is the perfect time to do this - age doesn't matter on this one! It the fall, you could always transition into a different color :)

Kathy said...

ahh who cares!! it's hair and it's fun!!

browneyedgirl said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Lin said...

That looks pretty damn rad! Go you.

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

Ah I missed this post! That looked like it was so fun!!!!

Anna L said...

Love these ends!!

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

LOVE IT!