Sunday, June 3, 2012

Simple Skincare



Last week, I attended the Simple Skincare workshop hosted by BlushPretty. This workshop was an introduction to the U.K. skincare line and we were given a chance to test out all their products. Simple skincare has a full facial product line that is made for all skin types, especially sensitive skin. It's made with the purest ingredients and natural extracts. The bonus about this line is the price, it starts from $8.99.

I didn't test out all the products but here are my thoughts on the products I did get to try. Luckily for me, I was given a swag bag at the end of the workshop and included all the products from their line. I am so happy for this because I was very pleased with how my skin looked at the end of a night full of product testing.


Cleansing Facial Wipes | These wipes are not fragrant at all and it not only does it wipe off all traces of makeup but it is also very refreshing. It does not leave my skin dry and tight. After you use it, you won't feel the need to reach out right away for some moisturizer.

Exfoliating Facial Wipes | Be careful when you use these for the first time. If you are not use to exfoliating wipes, you may scrub really hard like me which will leave your skin rough and all red. Despite this little mistake, the wipes left my skin smooth. This is something I would only do once a week.


Smoothing Eye Balm | This went on waxy but after it soaked in, the skin under my eye was silky smooth. I didn't get a chance to try the eye roller at the event because it wouldn't be hygienic. I can't wait to use it in the mornings though. I find an eye roller really decrease puffiness and also make you look more awake. It's pretty much the same as my old school trick of using frozen spoons.


Soothing Facial Toner | You may find that I use "refreshing" a lot when I am talking about these products because really, it's the best word to describe how you feel after using any of them. The day of the workshop, it was hot inside the studio and after wiping down my face with the cleansing wipe, I used this toner and boy did I ever feel refreshed! Again, this didn't make my face tight and dry.


Vital Vitamin Moisturizing Day Cream (with SP 15) | Finally I decided to use some moisturizer. Simple has two kinds of cream and two different lotions. This cream above is the only one with SPF. As with any cream or lotion with SPF, you will smell the SPF but the other creams and lotions are non-scented. It went on my face with ease and didn't leave my face looking oily or shiny.

To find out more about Simple Skincare, visit their website and you can also visit BlushPretty's EventBrite page to see what upcoming workshops are being held in her Toronto studio.

Don't forget to check out my giveaway that ends tomorrow...

5 comments:

Mrs. Parker said...

Very cool -- thank you for the info! I may have to look in to these items - I've been using the Clinique depuffing eye roller for a few months & love it. But it sounds like the price tag for this version is a bit easier on the pocket book.

Kathy said...

gah!!! i missed this?! these days i'm ALL ABOUT natural skin products; in fact i've been scouring the internet for days researching the best all-natural and/or organic skin and makeup products.

woman, next time you know of an event like this, tell me! you know i'll be there ;)

now i must go and research this company.

Marz said...

You're always getting to go to fun workshops and events! I wish they had more of that kind of thing where I live. This line of natural skin products seems AMAZING! Your use of "refreshing" is what got me interested - the heat is so intense during summers in Texas. Thanks for sharing!

Meghan said...

This looks like fun! I would love to try the eye balm!

No Guts, No Glory said...

You really should be a beauty editor for a magazine or something!

I think I saw a commercial for this skincare line, recently. Where is it sold? Target?