Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend recap

What a great weekend! And I love that it didn't go by so quickly. My weekend started off on Thursday since I had a long weekend. Mike and I finally bought a new couch so I took Friday off to wait for it to be delivered. You know how it is, they give you a window time of about four hours. After work on Thursday, I went to my hair salon to get my dip dyed hair fixed. Since getting it coloured last Friday, after four days and two washing, it faded to a light green colour. I was okay with it, because I know that semi-permanent colour will always fade but it was fading just a little too quickly. Bella did an awesome job touching it up and we got the results we wanted. I am in love with this teal/blue combination!


Friday...once I woke up and Mike headed to work, I started to move the side tables out of the way and give the floor a good mopping before the couch arrived. Good thing I did because the delivery guys actually came at 8:40 am but the security in my building wouldn't let them up until 9:00 am for when I booked the elevators. By 9:12 am, our lovely couch was sitting in our living room. We can't believe how much more room there is. I can now actually exercise in front of the TV. Oh, and we picked up some colourful throw pillows from Crate & Barrel yesterday. Next we need a coffee table.


On Saturday, Mike and I attended the wedding of our friends, Steph and Sanj. I have known both of them for some time now. I use to party with Steph at Milano's and Sanj, I met through my sister-in-law (Sanj actually helped me shop one time and picked out an entire outfit for me - I remember it was an orange sweater and plaid pants - this was years ago, don't laugh). I was there when they first met. Mike threw a pajama NYE party at his parent's house and both Sanj and Steph were there because they are friends of Mike's sister. I remember their midnight kiss but who knew that eight years later, we would be attending their wedding.


Their entire wedding was so creative and so them. It's not your typical cookie-cutter wedding. It was personalized and unconventional. From the outdoor ceremony to her dress/his outfit to the collage of photos with your table seating...to the donut wedding cake to the customized drink to the Milano's DJ they brought in. I can't even tell you how impressed I am with everything. Mike and I had a great time. We danced the night away (me, I drank a little too much and was jumped around way too much). A big congratulations to Steph and Sanj!!! Thanks for throwing a great party. All your hard work to make your day truly special really showed. We are so glad you invited us to celebrate this memorable event. May you have many wonderful years of martial bliss.



When I found out that little Hannah was at my in-law's house the next morning after the wedding, despite a headache and sore body, Mike and I went to his parent's house to spend some time with this cutie. I love when it's just her (don't get my wrong, I love my other niece and nephew equally) but when it's just Hannah, she spends all her time playing with me and Mike (who unfortunately took a very long nap). We ate, placed stickers everywhere and we danced like pretty ballerinas. This time with her totally made my weekend. I don't want her to grow up because she is at this really cute stage and I swear, I can just sit and watch her interact and talk with everyone. She is such a silly girl.


That was my weekend. I am tired and sore but I will be heading to the gym shortly to get tortured by my coworker. I am looking forward to this weekend for a pool party with some friends and their kids. Let's just hope this week goes by quickly.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun and exciting?

10 comments:

cranberryportage said...

I can just imagine how much fun it is to spend a day with Hannah. I am so glad you have your nephew and nieces so close that you can just drop by and see them. Enjoy these stages of their life because with your busy schedule, time will fly so fast, pretty soon they are teenagers.

Joanne said...

I haven't been to a wedding that's personalized and creative and unconventional. From the pics you took it looks like it was a beautiful wedding. & a great weekend. Will share my weekend on a blog post soon. :) HAPPY MONDAY!

Steph said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and compliments! Our wedding was a true labor of love and it was worth all the effort knowing in the end that our guests had a great time and were well taken care of. We are honored that you and Mike joined us in celebrating. Thank you very much for helping make our day so special. It would NOT have been the same without you. And the plaid bow-ties the guys were wearing? Consider that a tribute to your special shopping trip with Sanj! Ha!

Kathy said...

what a fantastic wedding!! it's really too bad that M couldn't go; he would have loved all the details because he's that type of guy.

love the couch!!

browneyedgirl said...

love the new couch and thanks for tweeting or posting photos on instagram!

ellesy said...

LOVE your dip dye colour! i wanted to use the dye i got from the beauty board to do my own hair but nervous about what my co-workers would think. maybe i'll save it for my next vacation.

personalized details make a wedding so special. are those donuts on the dessert table? i wanted donuts at my wedding!

and look how cute you are with your niece and that huge smile. :D

Lin said...

Love the dipped tips, super cute!

Elisse said...

I love the pics from Steph's wedding! I bet it was soooo beautiful :)

Islandia Lane said...

love love love your hair! I always tend to lean towards pink b/c I also have dip-dyed right now but I love how the teal/blue combo turned out!

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

i wanted to dip-dye my hair, but i got purple highlights instead!