Thursday, July 12, 2012

Nail Art: Gradient nails

While waiting until the next time I go for a manicure, I decided to try out gradient nails. It looked pretty simple to do and with a little more practice, I think I'll be able to get a better effect. I followed the step by step instructions from Nailasaurus's post, Gradient Nails Picture Tutorial.


I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in Lacey Lilac and Revlon's Minted. I really like these two colours together but I can't wait to try out different combinations.


The only downfall about doing this nail art is that if you don't let your nails dry completely after the base coat and the first polish colour, you will get tiny air bubbles and the gradient effect might not show. There's also a lot of clean up around your nails once you are finished. I cleaned up the excess polish with remover and q-tips and then I took a brush and cleaned around my cuticles. The next time I do this, I'm going to polish my nails the night before and then use the sponge to apply the two colours the next day. Last night it took me close to two hours to do this because of the drying time between coats.


2 comments:

jenbe.me said...

oh, i love the nails!

ellesy said...

wow you did a great job with your nails! the fanciest thing i ever do is add an accent nail. i'd like to try the tutorial - but i took a look at it and it might be beyond my abilities.