Friday, July 13, 2012

Random Friday



Just as I swore that I would not join another swap for a while, Lin comes along with her Summertime Swap. This girl is super sweet and I want to stay in her good books, so I signed up. How could I not? If you want to join in the fun (You only need to spend $15 of goodies to mail to your swap partner), sign up by this Sunday.


I made a new friend on Twitter, Tess. I am not sure how we started following each other (probably through BlushPretty) but she tweeted a photo of her gorgeous arm party. She decided to make more bracelets and sell them (but with each bracelet she sells, $1 will go towards the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure). With an overwhelming response, the bracelets sold out in a couple of days. I was lucky enough to grab three and I can't wait to receive them. The above photos are the bracelets she made for me!

{via}

Last month, I won a $30 credit for Le Mode Accessories from Much Love Illy's blog. I love winning things! I had my eye on some items but they kept selling out. Finally, I was able to get some of the necklaces that were on my wish list. I lucked out too with an additional 15% off and free shipping.

To end things off, it looks like I will be going to California next month. I have 9 days left of vacation that I need to use by the end of August. My mom and stepdad graciously offered to pay for my ticket to come and stay with them. This will be the first in a long time that I will be gone for over a week and be away from Mike. As sappy as it sounds, I am going to miss him. It will be hard for me to fly out across to the West coast without him (I'm a horrible flier but I'm getting better). He is my travel and shopping buddy so it will be weird to be going without him...It was actually his suggestion that I go to see my mom and have some mother-daughter time. Isn't he awesome?!?!?

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Such pretty items! I'm off to check out the bracelets! My company puts on events throughout Canada to raise funds for cancer care and research (you've probably heard of them: The Weekend to End Women's Cnacers and The Ride to Conquer Cancer...we also have The Underwear Affair but it's not in TO anymore sadly). So anytime I can support causes I am in!

ellesy said...

those bracelets are so awesome! and great choices with the necklaces. i've been thinking about joining lin's swap but i might have to pass on this one.

Lin said...

Thanks for mentioning the swap, sweets! And believe me, you'd of stayed in my good book even if you didnt sign up. You're too awesome to not ever be in my good book haha. It's so cool that you're coming back to CA to spend time with your mom, I hope you have a lot of fun.

Margarita said...

I love the necklaces! I adore accessories but rarely wear them. California sounds exciting - will you be doing a lot of shopping??

lisa said...

Enjoy Cali!