Friday, August 10, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday (birthday edition)

It has been ages since I have completed a Fill in the Blank Friday. I am glad Lauren brought back the old format - it's what she is known for and it's probably how I started following her blog. This lady is fabulous, she is stylish, a great mom and just a person who loves life, her hubby, her baby (who is the most adorable baby you will ever come across), her dog, her home, her city, etc. She's a role model and a sweet and caring person. I want to wish her a very happy 28th birthday this Sunday. If you want to also fill in the blanks, you can join here.



1. The age I will be on my upcoming birthday is 36. Damn I am getting old. I don't feel 36 and I don't think I look 36. Actually my co-worker said I look like I am 12. I know they are totally exaggerating but I do look a lot younger than my actually age. Most of the time, I get 25-27.

2. The best birthday present ever would be a beach vacation. I have yet to actually be on a beach for my birthday.

3. My favorite birthday to date was my 30th birthday at a local bar. It was kinda a last minute thing but I was really surprised to see so many people come out, even some guys I hadn't since in years. I also felt really great about turning 30. I just before I turned 30, I became a wife and homeowner. I honestly felt I was in a good place in my life on my 30th birthday.

4. Birthdays make me feel old now a days. Birthdays use to be a lot of fun, filled with presents, food, drinks, good company...now for my birthday, I just want to chill out. Maybe this is a sign that I need to go away for my birthday.
 
5. The worst birthday I ever had was when I turned 25. I can't recall if I did anything to celebrate but I do remember crying in my living room because I was really sad to be turning 25. I know...pathetic huh?

6. When I was born I was 7 lbs and 20 oz (I think) and was born at 7:20 pm. That's about it...I don't know if there is some special story about my birth but I am sure my mom will comment if she has a story to tell.

7.  So far my favorite age has been 21. I had the time of my life that year partying and just having fun.

Some fun little stats about me and FITBF:

*I have completed 39 Fill in the Blank Fridays 
*The last time I completed them was March 23, 2012 
*Lauren used my blanks one time and it was all about TV

5 comments:

cranberryportage said...

You were 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 18 inches.
Time was 7:20 pm. The story is that you were supposed to be born around November 26 but was two weeks late and the nuns of St. Joseph's were praying for you to be born on Dec 8. What helped me in the delivery was dancing all night at your Dad's work Christmas party on Dec. 7. That's the story and I am sticking to it.

Katie said...

I hope I look mid twenties forever! That's awesome!

Stopping by from the link-up! Happy Friday!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

36 is not old. I feel better in my 30's than my 20's. A beach vacation would be a dream present.

Lin said...

You look nowhere near 30, much less going on 36. Truth is, you're really only as old as you feel so if you still feel like you're 25 then that's what you are :)

Kasey Lynne said...

25-27 FOR SURE. 36??? I don't believe it.

Your next birthday should be spent on a Hawaiian beach...

just sayin.