Saturday, August 11, 2012

It's okay...

{via}

...to give into the fact that you can no longer wear heels. Maybe I can in Autumn but right now since I am walking to and from work everyday, I need to be in flat shoes. Sure, I feel short and ugly in flats but as you get older, you realize sometimes comfort trumps style.

...to be a little nervous to fly for over 4 hours on your own. I have flown on my own for work but it's only a 38 minute flight to Ottawa. Sure, I go on vacation every year but Mike is always with me. I feel like if I can make it to SFO on my own, I deserve an award.

...to be a little upset that Vegas or Disneyworld is no longer in store for Mike and I next month. Damn you government and your taxes. Bonuses are no longer a treat since you only get half of it anyway if you don't put it in an RRSP.

...to be so annoyed that my skin is constantly irritated. Adult acne is flaring up again big time. I thought I could blame it on my period but that's not it. I am trying to blame it on the new BB Cream I was using. We will see in a week if it is indeed the cause.

...to be a little sad to be leaving hubby behind while I go to visit my mom in Cali. I always travel with Mike and we always have a great time but this visit is strictly for my mom and I to do some major mother-daughter bonding. I hope Mike doesn't get drunk  every day with the new bar cart and all (btw, my coworker calls him the Asian Don Draper).

...to really like hanging out with Timona (she knows who she is). Like she says, we are kindred spirits. We have Chipotle dates, lots of inside jokes and really, we just get each other. I don't think I have had an office mate since my days at Taxi that I get along with so well. Now, I can't imagine my life without her.

...to again we really upset with the casting of Jace Wayland for Mortal Instruments - City of Bones. Jamie Campbell Bower is not the right guy for the role. I was thinking more on the lines of Alex Pettyfer (damn him for turning down). From the looks of it, all other guys in the movie will be hotter than Jace (which shouldn't be the case if you've read the books). Check out the guy playing Mangus Bane, now that's good casting! I can't wait for this movie but I know it's no HG or Twilight.

...to get slightly annoyed when you see people post the same photos on their blog, Instagram and Twitter. I really don't need to see your photos three times in one day. Change it up a bit. With that said, I know I have posted photos on two different social media outlets but I promise not to make it a habit.

6 comments:

Nikolett said...

Guilty of the last one, but I try not to do it too much, too! And I hope the flight goes smoothly and you'll be a-okay! I'm mostly just jealous you get to go to California - and your mom is so sweet!

And since I'm all about comfort foot-wise, too, what are your favourite flats to wear? I keep feeling like I have to break mine in.

Leesh said...

Gap City flats are my favorite but they provide no support. I think I may have to invest in Toms or something with lots of cushion padding.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Nice list girl. Before this pregnancy, my skin was always breaking out too. Super annoying!

Anna Luciano of iheartmakeupart said...

Goodluck with your flight!

Lin said...

Sucks about not going to Disneyland or Vegas, I'd be a little upset about it too. It's most definitely ok to be a little sad that you're leaving your husband while you go on your trip. I know I was totally sad when I went to Vegas w/out the hubs...I may or may have cried as I drove away from the house :/

OMG, people who repetitively post their photos annoy the hell outta me too.

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

the Asian Don Draper... love it