Tuesday, September 18, 2012

It's okay...

...to be obsessed with donuts. My good friend Marie was kinda enough to bring me two donuts from a secret shop - The Godfather and Brown Butter Glaze. They were delicious. I was thrilled to receive the donut charms I ordered, they are adorable.

...to be flipping back and forth about buying a sewing machine. It's a huge purchase and commitment in my eyes. I don't want to buy it, sew for a weekend and then let it collect dust.

...to be mentally packed for our trip to Punta Cana - IN DECEMBER! I want to be on a beach again stat!

...to finally understand why the pool servers at the resort we were staying at in Mexico wanted my Sidewinder Studs so bad - it's because they look like a serpent and in the Mayan culture, Kukulkan was a Maya snake deity. If I had known the significant meaning of the snake to his culture, I would have given it to him and bought a new one when I returned home. I was hesitant because they are my favorite earrings.

...to be lusting over Ian Somerhalder. I read the entire 50 Shade of Grey trilogy picturing him. He has to be Christian Grey if they make a movie. I'm glad Vampire Diaries will be starting next month.

...to not own a PVR (or DVR). Yes, I am that cheap. Everyone is shocked when I tell them we don't have one.

...to cut off more than 8" on your hair because you want it to be healthy again. I love my long hair but after all the bleaching and colouring I did to it over the summer, it had to go.

...to find it adorable that Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are now a couple after being former co-stars on That 70's Show. I believe in if it's meant to be, it's meant to be (just like Blake and Ryan - so happy that they got married).

...to boycott Starbucks because they decided to remove the free syrup and soy milk from their rewards program. I only registered a card because of this perk. My favorite drink is a toffee nut lactose-free Americano Misto. Without the free syrup and milk, it would cost me $2.55 but now it will cost me $3.65. The free perks saved me $1.10 with each drink and I rather take the free syrup and milk over a free drink after every 12 I purchase. Does this change affect your favorite Starbucks drink?

5 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I rarely go to Starbucks but I've seen a lot of people talking about this today--many angry customers!

Donuts and the beach both sound amazing right now . . .

ellesy said...

hmmm, i registered a starbucks card a long time ago but i never got free soy or syrup. i even e-mailed them and they gave me some runaround answer... so basically i've been overpaying for, what, years now? grrrr. i've cut out starbucks to save some dough for my beauty boxes haha... i was spending $7-8 a day there on a fancy drink & croissant, crazy.

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Hi. Just wanted to say thank you for the beautiful fabric wallet. Got it yesterday.

Here is my latest post about it, which back link to your fabulous blog:

What I am Loving Right now

jo said...

Hi Leesh, love your blog, found it thru GirlieBlogger. I'm your newest follower. Yeah, I'm pretty upset with Starbucks too.

xo Jo

http://www.whiterosesandcoffee.com/

Lin said...

Donuts are amazing, I cant blame you for being obsessed with them. You dont have a DVR? Gotta admit, I'm definitely surprised. Although, sometimes I think it was a bad idea getting one cause now Im addicted to SO many more TV shows than I was before.

You need to post a photo of you w/your new hair cut. I'm sure you look fabulous.