Thursday, September 6, 2012

Random Thursday: Favorite Feel Good Movies


I'm glad to be joining in on Random Thursday this week, I missed last week due to a busy work day. This week is all about my Favorite Feel Good Movies. It's hard to narrow it down but I have chosen the ones that I can watch over and over again because somehow they just make me feel better when I am sick, sad or restless. I own all these movies but if it's on the tube, of course, I will watch it..commercials and all.

{all posters via}

The Devil Wears Prada (2006)  | My #1 FAVORITE movie. I could watch this movie forever. No wonder it's the only movie I have on my iPhone. I watch it when I am sick, when I iron, when I am bored on the weekends, I could watch it twice in a row if I wanted. It's kinda funny that I am so in love with this movie because I hated the book. My coworker has not seen this movie and I am so shocked by this. I am demanding that she watch it stat but she is hesitant because she thinks it's sad...little does she know...

Sweet Home Alabama (2002) | Patrick Dempsey, yes please! Before he was McDreamy on Grey's Anatomy, he was dreamy in this movie. This movie has that feel good ending.

13 Going on 30 (2004) | This movie also has such a great ending. Does this movie make me feel all bubble instead because of the dance number to Thriller...I think so! I'm not a huge fan of Jennifer Garner but she is so lovable in this movie. This is one of those movies that just always happens to be on TV.

Remember the Titans (2000) | I love football movies and for some reason, all football movies (like Varsity Blues and the next movie) and television shows (Friday Night Lights) always make me wish that I grew up in the States. Friday nights on the field, the bloodshed and tears of game, the sportsmanship and the relationships...what's not to love? Remember the Titans is based on a true story and all true stories leave you with a fuzzy warm heart.

The Blind Side (2009) | Sad, true but oh so good. This is a perfect family movie to watch on a Sunday. If this movie doesn't make you feel good after watching then maybe you don't have a soul. Sandra Bullock is amazing in this movie.

Rio (2011) | The soundtrack alone with have you dancing and wishing you were in Brazil. I really wish that I went to watch this movie on the big screen but a copy in Blu-ray will do. Best Disney movie ever!

What is your Favorite Feel Good Movie?


10 comments:

Kathy said...

yesterday i caught the tail end of sleepless in seattle. i'm not really into chick flicks but i absolutely adore that movie! there's something adorable and endearing about a father raising a child on his own.

Mrs. Parker said...

Great choices! Love The Blindside & Devil Wears Prada! Definitely would add Julie & Julia and/or Ever After (makes me cry every time....)

Lin said...

The Devil Wears Prada is such a great movie. I want all the clothes Ann Hathaway wears, especially her shoes. Sweet Home Alabama is one of my all time favorites, especially since Reese Witherspoon has the cutest Southern accent haha. I've tried mimicking it SO many times.

Thanks for linking up with us this week :)

Chymere Anais said...

I ws just watching Sweet Home Alabama last night! I really like The Blindside too. The storyline is so amazing and inspiring.

Cute post.

M. said...

Aw, 13 Going On 30 was so sweet! I'm not a huge Jennifer Garner fan in general, but this and Alias are some of my faves. Totally with you on the football movies. Love them.

Thanks for linking up! :)

Katrin said...

I can watch "The Devil Wears Prada" over and over again. I love it!

Cocalores said...

I love your choices - except for the sports films ;-) The other ones are so sweet and funny, they'll make you feel better in an instant!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

13 Going On 30 is one of my favorite movies, I've seen it so much I can't even remember how many times!

ellesy said...

i used to watch ever after and great expectations (with gwenyth paltrow) constantly. i also used to love the princess bride, pretty woman, and dirty dancing. totally showing my age here. :)

Kasey Lynne said...

These are all SOOO good! Except Rio, but that's because I've never seen it. I'll take your word for it though :D