Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Movie review: People like Us

{via}
Technically, I am not reviewing the movie, I'm more like telling you to watch it.

A few weekends ago, my hubby threw on a movie while I was starting to sew. I sat on the couch and totally got into the first couple of minutes. I had no intention of watching the whole thing since I had stuff to do and plus, I had no idea what the movie was about. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like it's better not to know anything about a movie or a book so you won't pass any judgment on it because you may not find it interesting. I read Hunger Games not knowing at all what it was about and loved it. With that said, I highly recommend watching People Like Us. It's a been a while since I have seen a feel-good movie and this movie totally hit the spot.

If you need something to watch, trust me on this one. Go into it blindly but if you want to read what's it's all about, check it out here. If you end up watching it, please comment and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

movies like that are so amazing... where you have no expectations and come out totally in awe.

i feel the same way about a movie i saw over the holidays (on my tablet during the plane ride home from orlando) called Intouchables. it's a foreign film (french w/subtitles) and is such a feel-good, heart-warming movie.

Lin said...

I've heard great things about this movie but was hesitant cause I havent really been in the mood for a tear jerker & was afraid it's be awful. However, now that you've said you liked it I'll definitely give it a try :)

Elisse said...

I haven't heard of this movie before, and I'm a sucker for heart-string-pulling movies. And a Chris Pine fan (because of Star Trek!)

Thanks for the recommendation!

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I was interested in seeing this. Now I will definitely see it. Thanks for telling us about it :O)

ellesy said...

i agree that sometimes it's better not to know anything about a book or a movie before reading or watching it. i generally don't enjoy something when i know what happens next... except of course when i intentionally re-read a book or re-watch a movie.

thanks for the recommendation - i'm gonna keep my eye out for this movie.

Kasey Lynne said...

Hopefully Redbox has it so I can watch it this weekend!

Thanks for sharing friend!