Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hello holidays!

Merry Christmas readers! I realized yesterday that I have not written a post in over two weeks, really since I left for Punta Cana. It was quite a busy week before I left for my vacation. With holiday parties, packing and finishing up work, I couldn't even think about blogging. I was too busy preparing for a long extended vacation from work. I am seriously off from December 14 and returning on January 2. I was lucky enough to spend the first week of my holiday in Punta Cana for my friend's (JP and Lyn) wedding at Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana. I hope to write up a review in the next couple of days for my travel blog and will provide the link if you are interested in reading about this resort. Let me just tell you that this resort is huge!!! We traveled with a large group of 35+ and it is impossible to find people. So, Mike and I made the decision to pick one specific pool to hang out at for the week so people would know where we were at all times and we used it as a meeting spot. I really liked the hotel but I think it's because I didn't research the crap out of it and I went in it with no expectations. Our friend's wedding was beautiful and I am glad that the rain held off for their outdoor reception by the pool.  A big congratulations to JP and Lyn!!! They finally tied the knot after 17 years of dating. It was a great vacation and it sucks to be back home since we got hit with a storm a couple days after our return and Mike is now sick.


Mike and I did most of our Christmas shopping before we left for vacation and my sister-in-law was kind enough to pick up the stuff I needed to make our contribution to the Christmas Eve dinner (we chose salad). As usual, it was nice to see the kids get all excited about opening their gifts and it was fun doing our KK exchange with the siblings. Steph got me this year and she always gets me the best presents (Gap leather clutch, MAC lipstick and a Clinique Chubby stick). I am now happy that Christmas has come and gone. Sadly, I still haven't seen my dad yet because he caught the flu on Christmas Day. I have a lot of anxiety and mixed emotions about Christmas and it seems like being in NYC last year was the one and only time I was truly happy during the holidays. Now I know that I need to be away for Christmas...next year, Paris?


I am pretty proud of myself for writing this blog post. I have been lazy since I got back from Punta Cana. I did not have any urge to sit at my laptop to do anything but today I transferred all my photos and documents to a external hard drive Mike gave me (I always get his hand-me-downs - sunglasses, tech stuff, earphones, etc) and after this, I am going to do a clean sweep of my Google reader. I took a quick glance and noticed how many blogs I have on my list that no longer blog. It's kinda sad but seriously, we can't blog forever right? I find that with Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, there's no need  to blog anymore...it was all about the photos anyway...

Hopefully I will find the energy to write one or two more posts before the end of 2012. I want to recap some moments of 2012 and write some intentions and goals for 2013. Wherever you are, I hope you are enjoying your holidays!

5 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

Wow, dating for 17 years!!! That's incredible. Sounds like a really fun wedding. And I know what you mean about anxiety and mixed emotions around the holidays--I have them too. It's part of it, I guess . . .

Happy almost new year, Leesh!

Kathy said...

i'm glad you had a great time!! i was getting tired of M's beach pictures LOL just kidding :)

Elisse said...

It wasn't until yesterday that I realized I hadn't posted at all in December! It was a busy month!

It was fun following your trip via Instagram! And I guess this next Christmas you will be somewhere far from home!

Kasey Lynne said...

So jealous of your Punta Cana trip Leesh! It's SO gorgeous!!!

Paris for Christmas?? I think I'll join you!

ellesy said...

can't wait to read your review of the resort!!

i would love to try going away during the holidays one year... that time is always a mix of happy and stressful for me and i always always get sick. paris would be amazing!!