Sunday, December 9, 2012

My 36th birthday

As we get older, it seems like we don't want to have fancy parties or late night drinking binges (well for me anyway). I rather spend birthdays with close friends and family. This year, I celebrated dinner on Friday night with Mike, one of my brother's closest friends and his girlfriend. On Saturday - my actual birthday, I had breakfast with my BFF and then treated myself to a 90 minute massage. I also bought myself a pair of TOMS to wear on my upcoming trip to Punta Cana ( I opted for this instead of my usual expensive lipstick). In the evening, Mike treated me to a sushi dinner. Today, I went to my in-law's house to celebrate my birthday, along with my sister-in-law's birthday. Tomorrow evening I will be having dinner with my dad. It was a low-key birthday but I loved it.

I borrowed my niece Hannah since Mike and I don't have a kid


Yes, my mother-in-law thinks I am turning 4 

Me and Hannah

Presents from my sisters, Steph and Dianne and from my blogging bestie, Elisse.
If you are wondering why there is no present from Mike, we no longer buy each other other birthday presents, he is though paying for my trip.

Another year bites the dust. I am seriously hoping good things come my way in 2013! Thank you to everyone for the birthday greetings. There were three greetings that really meant a lot to me - they were from friends who I had lost touch with. And to my mom who was a little upset that she wasn't the first to greet me, it's okay, time is not on your side since you live on the west coast.

11 comments:

ellesy said...

happy birthday leesh!! sounds like you had an amazing birthday. :)

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

Happy birthday. You still look in your 20's. I agree with you about the type of celebration we now prefer. I think there was a study done on people's frontal lobe about how younger people NEED social engagement because that part of their brain has not developed fully. And that's why 30+ people are more satisfied with close friends, while 20-something people like a big party.

Anywho...Happy birthday! And thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures.

Anna Luciano of Sicilianna Beauty said...

Happy 36th birthday!!! :)

Kathy said...

happy birthday!!! i'm glad you had a great day.

i'm with you re: having low-key celebrations for your bday; i'm like that too. on my actual bday, i like to just treat it as a regular day and forget that i'm 1 yr older LOL

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!! :)

Kasey Lynne said...

Good things WILL come for you in 2013 my friend! Happy Birthday!!

xoxox

Lin said...

Happy belated birthday doll face! Looks like you had a really great time, even if it was low key.

The hubs & I dont buy each other bday gifts either, it's just too much to handle. Also, we're lazy as hell.

Lisa said...

Happy belated birthday to a very special lady!

Micaela said...

Leesh, I thought I said happy birthday to you but now that my new Mama (how long can i milk that excuse? lol) fog has lifted (and that didn't even make sense!) i think i am thinking of the comment i left on your mom's sweet blog post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

you guys were so cute in your birthday hats!!! i want to hug Hannah, she is so precious.

Blessings on you this year and always xoxo!

Elisse said...

I think you had the perfect birthday celebrations! Hope you get good use from your TOMS!

Marz said...

I absolutely love all your birthday party pics!!! You look beautiful birthday girl! You make "4" look good ;) Hannah is a doll! I'm like you, since I don't have any kiddos my nieces/nephews mean the WORLD to me! I can't wait to hold them this weekend <3 So glad you had a great birthday! And I'm jealous of all the paradise pics you've been posting on Instagram! I'll take a beach trip over jewelry any day! So amazing of Mike! <3