Sunday, December 30, 2012

Recap of 2012

I wouldn't consider 2012 an eventful year, I didn't do anything extraordinary. The one thing I was proud of was flying solo across country to visit my mom in San Jose. I have always been scared of planes. I remember going to Cancun with a bunch of friends in 2000 and I was terrified of flying. I must have been the worst traveling companion because when I woke up from my gravol-induced nap, Mike was nowhere near me. He had switched seats with a friend of ours. Anyway, flying alone was a huge accomplishment for me.

I didn't travel as much this year. Two trips to San Jose to visit my mom in April and August. Annual June wedding anniversary vacation with Mike to Royal Hideaway Playacar which I consider to be the best resort we have ever been to. And then we capped the year off with a trip to Punta Cana (our 7th time) for our friend's wedding.

As I look back at some of the mini goals I made in the beginning of the year, I can confirm that I accomplished some of them. I got my craft on and got a sewing machine which lead me to become a Pinterest addict. I am no longer a shopaholic, I limit my spending and really thinking about purchases. I did though, become a huge fan of Etsy, especially Oia Jules shop. This lead to a severe arm candy addiction. To sum up my year, this was the year that I got in touch with my creative side. I searched and tried some DIY projects, I sewed a few little things and I discovered that sometimes it's better to support small independent shops.

As we approach the last day of 2012 tomorrow, I am looking forward to new beginnings and new changes. I want to no longer be afraid of what the future may hold and just take the leap to discover something new or just find myself.

I leave you with some photo collages of 1) my love for arm candy 2) nail art throughout the year 3) crafting and 4) my ombre hair - for years I didn't touch my hair and all in one summer I fried it with bleach. It was fun while it lasted.








What are some of your highlights from 2012?

8 comments:

GirlieBlogger@Beauty Fashion Blog Seattle said...

I like your collages. You are well organized. I think Pinterest has made good influence?

Happy New Year! You did so well in 2012, and may you have a fantastic 2013 as well.

Lisa said...

I love how adventurous you've been with trying new trends (arm candy, nail art, ombre and dip-dyed hair). All the best in 2013, Leesh!

Elisse said...

You've sported some fun arm candy pics, and you have become more adventurous with your nails! You are so patient with painting your nails!

Happy 2013, blogging bestie!

Sandy a la Mode said...

i need to make it a resolution to not be such a shopaholic this year too! ;)

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Lin said...

It looks like you went & got your nails done every week at a salon...although, I know you did them yourself. I wish my paint jobs came out that pretty.

ellesy said...

happy new year! your nail art and crafts are really spectacular. i never ended up dip-dying my hair... just didn't have enough time off work (or courage to walk into work with it). pretty arm candy!

Kasey Lynne said...

I am always so jealous of your beautiful arm candy! I visited the Oia Jules shop, and added so many things to my favorites list.

What do you plan on doing next with your hair?? You're so brave!

MizzJ said...

Woah did you do all those nail art? They look fantastic!