Thursday, December 13, 2012

What I received: Mug Swap

Some time ago, I joined a Mug Swap very last minute because my blogger friend wasn't paired up. The host put up a call on Twitter for someone to sign up last minute so Lin would have a swap partner. Since Lin is the most awesome person in the world, I didn't want her to end up pair-less. She gladly accepted my offer and we swapped.

Sadly I can't find the blog or link that hosted this swap. I am so sorry. Today I received my package today and I love everything that I got...


I really like how Lin sealed up my package with some decorative tape. She joked about not understanding why anyone would by decorative tape but seriously, it does brighten up the box. It's awesome how the tape matches my flat iron!


I got some great items in my package. She included some tea and coffee, along with chocolates and nail polish. What I loved the most is that she included a hand painted mug with my last name on it and a scarf that she made.



The scarf is so special to me because I know that Lin made it with the kindness of her heart and I know that she has been crocheting (or should I say crotching-inside joke between me and Lin) like crazy these past couple of days. I love the colour and the concept of the button to hold the scarf together.

Thank you so much Lin for all the goodies you sent. I knew that this was one swap I wouldn't be let down on. It arrived just before the Christmas holiday so it also feels like a Christmas gift for Lin. Now after this, I am seriously over swaps. I won't be joining in anymore for a while. Lin is a favorite blogger of mine and I am so happy that I was paired up with her. To see what I sent to her, check out her post.


9 comments:

ellesy said...

wow you received such great goodies from your swap buddy. the mug and scarf are lovely! i love the stuff you got/made for lin as well.

Micaela said...

That is SO sweet of you to join so Lin could have a partner. <3

I love the mug she made you and the scarf! oh that scarf -- beautiful color. Handmade is always better and so touching because of the time it takes to do it. (still so iN LOVE with the dress you made Felix)

I love this exchange between you two. The tea towel you altered is GENIUS!

Elisse said...

Thoughtful gifts are the BEST!!!!! Especially the personalized mug :)

Nikolett said...

That is an awesome box of thoughtful gifts! :) I need to get my hands on some decorative tape, stat. Hope you're having a great vacation!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Good job Lin!! I love that scarf..it's such a beautiful color!

Joanne said...

You got a lot of great stuff. I love the scarf she made you! Especially the colour.
Since you said she's your favourite blogger, I'm going to add her to my google reader! Always fun to find new blogs to read. :)

Lin said...

Yay, I'm so glad you liked everything! The color of that scarf/neck cowl was my absolute favorite. Gotta definitely go buy more.

Also, if you get really cold & need to cover more of your neck, bring the end of the scarf w/out the button over to the button side (bottom trim of non-button side will be going towards/touching your shoulder) & button in the corner. It gives it more of neck cowl look instead of loose scarf.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh she did such a great job! Off to check out what you gave her!

Lisa said...

These all seem like the perfect gifts to keep one feeling cozy, warm, and cherished all season. Hope you're enjoying your holidays, Leesh! All the best in 2013.