Sunday, January 13, 2013

One Thing

As much as I adore One Direction, I am not talking about their song, One Thing, I am more thinking along the lines of certain items you really only need one thing of. As I was folding my pajamas one day, I thought that although I have many shorts, legging or jogging pants that I sleep in, it's nice to have one really nice flannel pajama set (for the days you are sick) or a silk pair because they are just so nice to sleep in.

{via}

Then I thought of two other things that you really only need one of...

{via}
Red lipstick
Once you find that one bold red statement lipstick, then it's what you stick with. No need to find any others. Me? I have yet to find my perfect red lipstick. Any suggestions?


Wallet
I bought a Cole Haan Crosby Slim Wallet in a Pewter colour and it's my favorite. It's pretty thin, has lots of compartments but what I love most is the pocket in back for my Presto card (it's the card I use on my commute). There is really no need to have more than one wallet if you have the perfect one that fits all your cards.


What are some things you only need one of? 
This is sort of stemming from Thursday's post on hoarding...

10 comments:

Kathy said...

i heard armani has some NICE reds. i bought one from dior (sunset boulevard) and it's really nice.

you need once nice go-to bag. i always return to my gucci hobo!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

A good mascara. I made the mistake of switching it up but I always come back to the same one. I need to be more faithful.

Joanne said...

I only need one pair of the perfect leggings & I found it at Zara. It's the perfect fit for me.
& I found the perfect waterproof mascara by Mac. It's amazing!

Lisa said...

I have a couple of go-to reds I love, but for a classic red I really like NARS velvet matte lip pencil in 'Cruella'.

MizzJ said...

Hmm this is very true actually! I think everyone should have 1 good blazer and 1 go-to blouse as well. Could LBDs count on this list as well you think?

Mrs. Parker said...

At risk of sounding like a homely fool....you really need a good, quality sweatshirt. There's nothing like that perfect sweatshirt when you're feeling sick or having a cozy, lazy movie day. But I do echo another lady saying mascara -- I find my mascara and buy in bulk!

Lin said...

This may be hard to believe but I've never ever worn or owned red lipstick. (insert gasp here)

Guess it's time to go shopping :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I'm the same lol. I have everything but pajamas I usually sleep in everything else.

I like the shade fiery by Tarte for a red lipstick. It's a bit pink but lasts a long time. I like it.

Kasey Lynne said...

I agree about the flannel pajamas. My favorite time to wear them is Christmastime. Sit on the couch drinking hot chocolate in my flannel pants while watching Castle/Modern Family/PLL/The Hills.

I have yet to find a red lipstick shade that I feel comfortable wearing. It'll probably take awhile, right? Especially since I don't wear lipstick.

Elisse said...

My one thing? A good eyeliner. Anything to wake up tired looking eyes ;)