Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Five beauty products I'm digging

Lately these days, I am not about buying the latest and greatest beauty products. I now tend to stick with what I know and what works for me. Ever since I got bangs, I stick to just eyeliner and a simple routine of concealer, bronzer and blush. And now that we are dead in the middle of winter, my dry lips only accept Vaseline.

I want to share with you some of my current favorite beauty products. I'm sure this list will change once spring comes rolling around.



Burt Bee's Blemish Stick | this is the only product that will work to keep my blemishes/pimples from flaring up. I can't believe that I am in my mid-30s and still dealing with acne. I blame it on my teens and 20s, I seemed to have been blessed to not have to deal with acne then and now my face is paying for it.



CND Solar Oil | since I have become addicted to Artistic Manicures (similar to gel polish/shellac), I have been told by my nail technician to use cuticle oil daily. I guess using olive oil helps but it doesn't do much compared to cuticle oil which has the right ingredients to keep your cuticles hydrated. I keep a travel size bottle in my purse so I can hydrate my nails when needed.


NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna | when I came back from Punta Cana in December, I needed something to help fake the tan that was fading away. Luckily my friend Kat gave me a barely used one. Everyone loved my "tan", they said I was glowing but in reality, my tan had faded and I was faking it with this bronzer.


Benefit Cha Cha Tint | years ago, I was a cult fan of Benetint but since I am a sucker for anything coral, when this baby came out on the market, it was destiny for us to be together. I love the coral flush it brings on my cheeks and it was perfect with my tan. Be careful though, if not applied properly, your fingers will end up looking like an oompa loompa. Tip: apply with a beauty blender, you'll thank me later.



Eau Thermale Avène Cicalfate | I accidentally came across this product when I was dealing with a bad irritation above my upper lip. The skin was raw and red. A beautician at a drug store recommended this product to me and although, it didn't help the irritation, I have been using it as a face cream. It helps restore damaged skin and leave it so soft.

What are some beauty products you are really into these days?

5 comments:

Steph Lau said...

oh! I love chacha tint. so corally cute!

Kathy said...

1. organic argan oil -- it shaved 5yrs off my face and totally keeps my skin hydrated.

2. khiels dark spot correcting serum - clarifies/brightens my face

3. bobbi brown shimmer brick - brightens my face on days when i look/feel like death/just crawled out of a crypt

4. la bella donna blush in tangerine -an all natural beauty line that's amazing for my skin

5. la bella donna powder foundation and pressed powder - gives me a flawless dewy look, lasts all day (i never have to retouch) and doesn't dry out my skin

Lisa said...

I'm struggling with breakouts lately too and I almost never break out! It must be the stress of work and getting sick constantly; I blame the constant assault on my immune system for my blemishes.

Jamie J said...

I'm going to try that burt's bees blemish treatment. I'm in my mid 30s and have acne which makes no sense to me either. lol

MizzJ said...

I agree with Kat on Kiehl's and their Midnight Recovery is great as well. I'm loving Revlon Lip Butters recently too.