Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday Morning Gossip: roll ups and robots

I missed last Monday so I am going to link up today. I hope I am doing this right because I am not sure if I am to just write about my weekend or write about celebrity gossip.

This past weekend, asides from having to do some work at home, I completed my first order of crayon roll-ups. Technically, my first order was from my sister-in-law, she did pay me for it but my first "real" order is her friend who received one and decided she wanted to use them as birthday party giveaways. I made four last weekend and did the last three yesterday. They are really easy to make and I have pretty much got it down to a science. I plan to just make a bunch more when I have some more time so that if anyone wants to order them, they are ready to go. I have to admit, I am pretty proud of myself.




In between making these roll ups, I had to attempt to make a plush robot that my godson/nephew Blake  wanted. He and his mom found a photo of what he wanted and I basically had to figure out for myself how to put it all together. He has been asking me every week if I made it, I felt bad each time I had to tell him no. Luckily, his birthday party is coming up this weekend and the "yobot" below will be part of his gift. Since it's pretty small, I was too scared to sew up the pieces together with my machine so I hand stitched everything. It took me almost three hours. Man, I hope this kid like the robot.



12 comments:

Kathy said...

i love this! i love that you can sew all kinds of awesome things :)

Lacey_Renea said...

That robot is adorable!!!
Lacey @ CHARM + Sass

Lin said...

Those are so cute! You're so talented. I'm telling you girly, you need to open that shop of yours asap this summer.

Dont know if you heard but I'll be moving to an apartment in April...and I would love to buy 2 of those kitchen towels you made & sent to me in the last swap pkg :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh my gosh that robot is SO CUTE.

Linny said...

You rocket the cutie robot, and to make the pattern yourself, that is true talent!!

I love the roll ups as well, they are perfect for the little ones!

Lisa said...

Your DIYs are really cute. The kids in your life are lucky to have such a crafty adult friend!

cranberryportage said...

I am so very proud of you, spending your weekend sewing very cute items. I am sure Blake will be giving you the biggest hug ever when he sees the Robot. So happy you enjoy this very creative talent you got from me. LOL.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You linked up right - you can post about anything! :)

You are so crafty. These rollups and te robot are adorable!

Sorry I'm so late on commenting. Thanks for linking up!!

gROw said...

I am a very shy Blog reader. In fact this is my first comment ever on a blog, but the sheer cuteness of your projects compelled me to write a little note. LOVE your DIYs. LOVE!

Meghan said...

Those roll-ups are amazing! What a cute idea! Do you have a shop?

ellesy said...

i love the crayon rolls and your "yobot" is super cute! i have a little painting of a robot (that i painted!) that looks a little like him. :)

ourtorontolife.com said...

so clever! i know a few moms that would want in on this. and it keeps the crayons from mucking up the container/storage that they are in. you make me want to learn how to sew!