Thursday, February 21, 2013

Random Thursday: Ridiculous fears


As Lin says, no fear is ridiculous, even if it's our own fear. I have some serious fears, which I don't think are ridiculous - cats, the dark, heights and knives but ridiculous ones...let me think.

Flabby upper arms...I know, weird huh? I am not scared of them in general, I am terrified of my own arms becoming big and flabby. My husband says this is more vanity than a fear. I disagree.

Driving...sometimes I am scared of being in a car with someone who I have never been in a car with. I feel more comfortable being in a car with my husband or mom. And I am also scared of driving myself, which is why I don't have my licence yet [insert your laughter and shock here]

Subway grates...I cannot walk over them. I have to walk around them or jump over them. When Mike and I were in New York, he made me stand over one and I nearly broke out in tears in the middle of Times Square.

Do you have an ridiculous fears you would like 
to share with me?


11 comments:

Unpublished Life said...

These are really great, ridiculous fears ... I've never thought about the flabby arms one, but now that you mention it ...

Thanks for stopping by the old blog and for the comment:)

Have a great day!

http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

Katrin said...

When I drive I am always scared of the way other people drive! There are so many drunken people on the road. And I am scared that somebody could jump in front of my car when I drive!

Kathy said...

basements. they're so creepy!

Sandra said...

I get freaked out easily when I an riding with someone I've never rode with before. If they are bad drivers I make a mental note to offer to drive next time.

Martha Woods said...

I feel the same way about grates, now that you mention it...what if something is DOWN THERE!?!?!

Lin said...

Haha, look at Mike trying to get you to face your fears. Sucks that it didnt work though :/ Being scared of those grates is completely valid though. You know, even to this day I think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when I see one of those things lol.

M. said...

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT SUBWAY GRATES!!! So scary. I refuse to walk over anything that I can see through. NOT AT ALL SAFE, PEOPLE. But are you really afraid of cats? Cats are so warm and cute and fuzzy, and if you pet them they rumble like really cute little motors. I don't get it.
Thanks for linking up with us!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I'm scared of snow. Mostly because I hate driving in it. But every time it snows I get MAJOR anxiety, even if I just have to go to work, which is only about 2 miles away.

ko0ty said...

I think flabby turkey arms are one my ridiculous fears too. I love working out my arms!

meg m said...

I love that so many fears are the same for most of us!
the flabby arms thing. ugh that's the worst.
and grates. have they ever actually fallen in on someone or are we all scared for no reason? I don't walk on them either!
thanks for linking up!

MizzJ said...

Flabby arms is totally a legit fear! I'm scared of turning into a big blob in general, especially if I ever have kids.