Tuesday, April 2, 2013

All good things must come to an end

I just realized that it has been over a month since I last wrote a blog post. Part of it is because I have been so busy with work and the other part is because I just don't know what to write about anymore.

As I type this, my heart is pounding...just an FYI.

The month of March has been a whirlwind for me, more specifically the last couple weeks. I am ecstatic to announce that I have resigned from my job because I just accepted a new one. This is a huge step/change for me as I have been with my company for close to nine years. As an ex-coworker said, " you are a lifer, you will never leave this place", and I was convinced, she was right. But after a few stressful couple of months and a few years of being miserable and unhappy, I am ready to move on. The company I am going to work for is welcoming me with open arms, are truly excited that I will be joining their team and it feels good. I am not nervous at all about starting fresh, I am thrilled about it. 

In the beginning of this year, in the back of my mind, I had a feeling that this would be my year and getting a new job is just the start. I am ready to move forward and make more changes in my life. All it takes is one thing, leaping ahead and making that first step and I just know that the rest will fall into place. I am going to start this month with a new me. Since I will have to dress more professional for this new job, I am going to make a huge wardrobe change. And in order to do this, I must get my shop on, so why not do it in the fabulous New York City. Mike and I last minute decided to do a quick weekend getaway. I am also excited about going back to NYC, and exploring Soho and Meatpacking District this time around. So spur of the moment which is so unlike me. It's all part of the new me.

Good things are coming my way and it's life changing for me. With that said, as much as I hate to do this, I feel that the time is right for me to put an end to The Blarkness Chronicles. It breaks my heart to stop writing on here but it's time. Since I am moving on with different aspects of my life, it's only fitting to leave this blog behind. What first started off with an online journal strictly for myself, it had lead to blog friendships, freebies from companies and a place where I could write whatever I wanted to.

I want to thank all my readers that have been on this journey with me, who read my nonsense and left comments, and who comforted me when my mom left for the States and when my brother died. You guys are like family and I am truly grateful that we have "met" and developed several different levels of friendship. A big part of why I never wanted close out my blog is because I didn't want to lose the friendships I have made. Hopefully we connected on some other level other than just blogging and will manage to stay in touch.

Will I start a another blog? Most likely. I just don't know when and where. But when I do, I hope our paths cross again. If you are interested to know where to find me when I find a new "home", send me an email and I will be sure to drop you a note when I start a new blog. Also, if you want to know where to find me on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram, let me know. I'd be happy to stay in touch with you that way.

I don't like saying goodbye because it seems so final, I rather say - see you in a bit because I know that we will definitely meet again...

{via}

19 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

My first impulse was to be like NOOOOO! but then I realized that duh, we'll still talk plenty. :) Sad to see this blog go, but looking forward to new adventures and keeping in touch via email, twitter, pinterest, and hopefully meeting one day when you're visiting your mom! xoxo

annie said...

good luck with your new job...a new beginning!

Jess said...

=[

Lisa said...

It sounds like you're in a much happier place! I'm so glad for all the good things that are coming to you--you deserve all of them. Best of luck at your new job and have a great time in NYC.

Mrs. Parker said...

Sad to hear you're shutting down the blog -- but glad it's for good & positive reasons! :)
Congrats on the new job & I hope you love every second of this last minute trip to NYC! What a treat!
Look forward to keeping up with you via Instagram/Twitter!

gROw said...

Congrats on the new job! Keep me in the loop when you start your new blog. :)

jessica {creative index} said...

Awwwwww.... So sad, but I definably understand! Keep me posted if you do start a new blog! :)

At least I can keep up with you on IG! And good luck with the new job! xo

Sandy a la Mode said...

awww sorry to hear that this chapter is ending. :( good luck with everything!

xo,
Sandy
Sandy a la Mode

Hasta Siempre said...

Will miss your blog, Leesh. I only read 4 religiously. Good luck in all your undertakings and look forward to your new blog. Let us know, ok?

Elisse said...

I was sad to read this post, but am certain you will find your way back to the blogging world soon. I'm so happy and excited for all the exciting changes that await you!

Kasey Lynne said...

I am so unbelievably sad that I'm JUST now reading this! So sad to see you go Leesh, but I know that we'll still keep in contact!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) said...

OMG how did I miss this?!? obviously I'm lacking on blog reading :( I'm sad you won't be blogging anymore I think you should just put it on hold and pick it up again. You will be missed!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

=-( Well I'm very sad, but when you settle and find a new home you had better let me know!

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this?!?!?! You will definitely be missed, and I hope when the dust settles, you'll find a way back to blogging! :) Best of luck, lady! We're always here for you!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

First off, CONGRATS!! I am so happy and excited for you. You are going to kick ass at the new place. I know it!

Secondly, I'M SO SAD!!! I am going to miss your posts :( But I also totally understand. Since starting my new job it's been hard to keep up with blogging. It's stressful and it shouldn't be. So I am glad that you are doing what's best for you.

I know we will keep in touch and I look forward to your future :)

ellesy said...

so sorry i missed this post but i'm glad we got to chat at the beauty board today. change is exciting and it must have felt great to start a new job... congratulations! would definitely love to know when you start your new blog! x

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle said...

Congrats on your new job! Doesn't it feel good to resign? Being a lifer is just not popular anymore. Good luck with your new position. I'm sure you'll rock.

Life's a shoe said...

nice post! iveee enjoyed reading your blog!

Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle said...

I was just thinking of you - and all of a sudden pops up two of your comments. I am so bummed that this blog is ending. It became a weekly read and I honestly learned a lot about life from you. I like the way you write - so honest and thoughtful - and I truly truly hope you start another blog. Keep in touch.